Senior Risk & Opportunity Manager
Are you a results orientated team player with an analytical mindset with experience and interest in risk, opportunity and uncertainty management?
We are looking for an experienced and pro-active Senior Risk and Opportunity Manager to work on our growing pipeline and asset base of Offshore projects. In this role you will help shape the development of our risk and opportunity management processes in our offshore business, which will be instrumental to ensuring robust and informed decision making.
Please apply then and become part of our mission and help us to achieve our goal of being fossil free within one generation!
Your tasks and responsibilities
As Risk & Opportunity Manager you will be part of the newly formed Asset Value Management & Partnering team in Offshore. The Asset Value Management & Partnering team is a commercial team that delivers end-to-end value for Vattenfall’s offshore wind assets. It is responsible for delivering effective partnerships, asset management and managing revenue and risk for offshore wind projects across Northern Europe and the UK.
Your responsibilities as Senior Risk & Opportunity manager can be described as following:
- Work with colleagues to increase awareness of risk and uncertainty within project and asset business cases.
- Ensure all risks, opportunities and uncertainties are identified, recorded and managed properly and timely, including where possible dependencies between individual risks.
- Assign risk and opportunity owners within the business and support them in identifying, describing, valuing, treating and monitoring their risks/opportunities and develop strategies for dealing with residual risk and assist in defining business continuity plans.
- Develop and produce clear and concise risk and opportunity reporting for senior management and Joint Venture partners, which will be used to both inform project and asset decision making and provide a realistic overview of the risk exposure faced by the project and asset owners.
- Identify and implement ways to improve the risk and opportunity management methodology and processes, ensuring that methods are applied consistently across the lifecycle and be flexible in the point of application.
Your profile as Risk & Opportunity Manager
For this position we are looking for a candidate with demonstrable, in-depth level of competency in numerical analysis and interest and experience in risk management. As well as being a strong team player, with the ability to influence over a wide network of co-worker relationships and key stakeholders.
Also, you bring the following qualifications:
- A risk management, mathematics, engineering, technical or commercial qualification to graduate level or equivalent.
- Candidates for this post will have a minimum 5 years of demonstrable experience in CAPEX or OPEX risk management or modelling in large infrastructure projects (renewables, oil and gas, or similar complex industries).
- Experience with numerical software and Excel based modelling.
- Experience with ARM, Safran and @Risk or similar software is preferable but not essential.
- You possess the skills to write and speak English on a professional level.
You bring the following key competencies:
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- Structured worker with ability to structure work of others.
- Experience in international cooperation with the ability to work with people from different cultures.
- Experience and keen interest in working in projects with broadly defined, abstract, and/or shifting targets. This means also being communicative and proactively involved in sharing any new ideas or thoughts.
- You enjoy working on international, multidisciplinary projects and teams and you are willing to travel.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other renewable activities such as solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK.
We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal working environment. You will work in interdisciplinary teams and can always count on support from committed colleagues as “Ask and Share” concept is essential for the way we work. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
The location of this position is flexible, and can be based in one of our core locations (Hamburg, London, Amsterdam, Kolding and Stockholm).
Sounds like this could be a match? We welcome your application via the website by the 12th of January latest.
For more information about the position and the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact Mark Brandau, Corporate Recruiter, via
Due to COVID-19 we adapted our application process to the current conditions. Interviews regarding this position will be conducted via video conference. Do you have any questions about the application process or how we deal with COVID-19? Please visit our FAQ list in advance.
Due to GDPR regulations, we kindly request that you only apply via our website. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Dela detta jobb