Senior Buyer Professional Services
Polestar is the new electric performance brand of Volvo Cars. Here at Polestar, the product is at the center of everything we do and we are obsessed with refining everything, whether it be a chassis component, a carbon fiber solution or typography. Everything at Polestar is created with this same uncompromising attention to detail. Now, we’re looking for the next star in a Senior Buyer Professional Services. Polestar started to deliver the first cars in Sweden end of July. In the role as Buyer you will lead all Polestar sourcing for consultant recruitment and bought-in services across the business. Is this your next chapter? Apply today!
About the role
Polestar deliver cars in various European countries. In the role as Senior Buyer Professional Services youwill lead all Polestar sourcing for consultant recruitment and bought-in services across the business. You will work close to colleagues with similar roles. You will collaborate at projects and drive projects by yourself. Either way you will have the support of your team to air ideas and share best practice. You will work office hours with some individual flexibility.
- A position in an international organization
- The possibility to work with an exciting and innovative product
- The possibility to become an important part of the Polestar-movement.
As consultant at Academic Work you are offered a great opportunity to grow as a professional, extend your network and establish valuable contacts for the future. Read more about our offer.
• Lead all Polestar sourcing for consultant recruitment and bought-in services across the business.
• Establish supplier bases for each area defining short & long term sourcing strategies, and aligning with the business/stakeholders.
• Perform procurement according to defined strategies and frameworks.
• Negotiate commercial and legal agreements.
• Review purchase requisitions and identify and select contract/suppliers in accordance with defined strategies and agreements.
• Advise stakeholders on procurement issues, providing support and guidance at all stages of the procurement cycle as well as on modifications in requests. Improve collaboration with stakeholders and together towards common goals.
• Track key performance indicators on supplier and stakeholder contract compliance; define and take corrective actions to improve contracts compliance and continuously track supplier performance on quality and cost.
• Perform necessary market analysis to support the sourcing activity.
• Create and maintain commercial relations with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
• Initiate and conduct supplier evaluations and supplier audits.
• Take an active role in developing and supporting efficient standardized req-to-pay processes.
We are looking for
Proven experience as a Professional Service buyer or similar purchasing position. Previous experience of working with Volvo Cars/other Geely companies or Volvo AB is a strong advantage.
Thorough understanding of the procurement process and strategic sourcing.
BSc (or higher) in Economics or Technical discipline from a university degree or equivalent institution
Experience of working in multi-cultural and cross-functional teams
Strong verbal communication skills
English language fluently is mandatory
Multi-language is a plus
Excellent knowledge of MS Office packages; working knowledge of Volvo SRM software and/or Workdays is a strong advantage.
As a person you have:
An ability to drive and complete tasks independently, task oriented and high driving spirit
A smart and nimble mind-set, with efficient working performance
A positive and passionate, nothing is impossible mind-set, good team player
Work extent: Full time
Location: Torslanda, Göteborg
Salary: Hourly monthly salary (Timbaserad månadslön)
Contact information: This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. It is a request from Polestar that all questions regarding the position is handled by Academic Work.
Our selection process is continuous and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.
Polestar is defined by an ambition to be one of the foremost challenges in international performance cars and to develop the strengths of Volvo cars' basic construction. They are an electric performance car brand, determined to improve the society we live in. The focus is on uncompromised design and technology where passion and emotion drive them, while electricity and innovation drive their cars. Working with performance cars means achieving perfection in every detail, never leaving room for failure. On the other hand, success is also about rapid and continuous development, never resting, continuing to look for the optimal solutions in all aspects.
Dela detta jobb