Manager Controlling & Accounting Department
NKT has pioneered the cable industry since 1891, and today we are still proactively meeting the world´s constantly growing need for power. We have a global mindset rooted in trusted partnerships, and we firmly believe that by working together we can shape the future and use our passion to bring power to life. We are now looking for our next key player to manage the Controlling & Accounting department in Karlskrona.
The core responsibilities are result analysis, reporting, , forecast, budget and accounting. Partially accounting transactions and statutory reporting is outsourced, but the team is responsible for the general ledger and to validate, ensure quality and sign off on the numbers.
You will manage a team of 5 employees and report to the Global Functional Responsible within Solution Division.
- Financial and operational controlling of historical and planning data including analysis of underlying development in the numbers
- Coordination and securing of reporting, budget and forecasting processes as well as ad-hoc analysis
- Lead and ensure proper month-, quarter- and year-end closure processes as well as the related general ledger accounting
- Act as a trusted Finance Business Partner (Consultant) for Local Management as well as Group contacts
- Sign-off on statutory reporting prepared by external service provider.
- Support provider on tax and statutory filings.
- Manage the team; development of the individual employee as well as the team, appraisals, recruitment etc. Ensure sufficient competence within the team to fulfill assigned responsibilities
- Develop and align the yearly local closing, reporting and planning calendar with all interfaces based on group requirements
- Contribute to design, set-up and implementation of cost center and profitability accounting structures
- SSC Performance Management; regular review of SSC service delivery quality to drive excellence
- Be the main contact person for auditors
- Support in merger and acquisition activities
Qualifications and experience:
To be successful in this role we believe you have a university degree in Finance, Business Administration or similar. You have at least 10 years of relevant working experience. Audit background is considered as an advantage.
You have extensive understanding of both controlling and accounting principles. You have probably worked in an international matrix organization and preferably you have knowledge in SAP.
As you will communicate with international colleagues daily you need to be fluent in both Swedish and English, spoken as well as written.
You have a business partnering mindset and understand the importance of the operational understanding. You have strong leadership and project management capabilities.
What the company offers:
A career in a fast-moving, high-tech, true international environment. You will work in close interaction with the operational business and with colleagues in the other NKT countries.
Location: Karlskrona, Sweden
The position requires international travel to other sites from time to time.
About the company:
NKT is a global front-line supplier to the energy sector. We develop, manufacture and market high quality cables, accessories and solutions for electrical infrastructure, the construction field and in the railway industries. We supply creative, highly technological and sustainable products, services and solutions for our customers.
We are a global company with headquarter in Broendby, Denmark. The company has approximately 3,500 employees, 14 production sites in Europe and sales offices across the world. In 2016, NKT realized revenue of EUR 1bn. NKT is owned by NKT A/S, listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen.
Our people are the key to success: The culture in NKT is founded on high ambitions, strong performance and dedication, and we have a clear aim to be a workplace where the best people in the industry prefer to build their careers. In support of our overall strategic goals NKT offers its people an environment with continuous opportunity for personal development.
Unionen – Marcus Jolin +46 45556337
SI – Ola Hansson +46 45555659
Ledarna – Roger Jönsson +4645555911