Joint Venture Controller in BU Offshore Wind
Vattenfall is Europe’s fifth largest electricity generator and the largest producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Poland, the Benelux and the UK. Our strategy is to Power Climate Smarter Living with an ambition to be fossil free within one generation. Investments in wind power is an important cornerstone to deliver our ambition and we plan, build and own wind farms, solar assets and batteries in six countries, onshore and offshore.
Overall purpose of the role:
The BU Offshore in BA Wind is responsible for developing, constructing and operating Offshore wind farms. BU Offshore currently consist of 12 operating windfarms with a total capacity of 2.1GW spread across Europe. We are currently working on the construction of two other wind farm for 2.1GW and are planning to start construction of another farm for 0.4GW in the next year. Furthermore we are developing plans for next Offshore wind farms in the countries we are operating in and are investigating entering new countries.
We are now looking for a Joint Venture Controller who can focus on coordinating the setup and preparing the reporting for joint ventures. In this role you will work closely with project controllers, commercial project managers and various other functions such as M&A, Legal, Central Controlling, Record to Report & Treasury. As part of the Offshore controlling team you will have your direct team colleagues in Amsterdam (NL), Hamburg (GE), Kolding (DK) and London (UK).
Your responsibilities as Joint Venture Controller
The following main tasks are in the responsibility of the Joint Venture Controller in the BU Offshore:
- Preparation of the Inputs for the Management Service Agreement Report
- Balance Sheet reporting
- Profit and Loss statement
- Statement of comprehensive income
- Cash flow projection (short / mid / long term)
- Organisation of Capital Injections into JV companies (based on cash flow projection defining the timing and amounts; preparing the decision material, executing manual payments and approvals for Vattenfall)
- Preparing the JV Board financial decision documentation and reports (calculations and decision material for Partners’ resolutions; dividend payout)
- Coordinating with Treasury and Subledger, so that the invoices are paid from the separate Joint Venture accounts (liquidity, necessary manual payments, etc.)
- Controlling of the invoices received by the Joint Venture (e.g. Construction Management Agreement, Management Service Agreement, Operational Management Agreement invoices) ; preparing for invoices to be issued by the Joint Venture
- Issuing the Service Agreement Invoices to JV
- Preparing the Purchase Orders in SAP to be made for new invoices to the Joint Venture
- Preparing the annual Business Plan
- Preparing the cash flow models and financial inputs used for JV partnering/M&A process
Your profile as Joint Venture Controller
- Bachelor degree (or similar experience based level) in a relevant field (i.e. controlling, economics, accounting or finance)
- Strongly developed MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- You have experience in financial closing, reporting and controlling tasks from earlier jobs;
- You bring experience in financial systems (preferably SAP) so you can be a self-starter the role in that perspective;
- Experience in handling different stakeholders (both internal and external), and being a spider in the web, being able to communicate effectively with different layers of the organization.
Skills, knowledge, strengths
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing (local country + English)
- Strong team player, willingness to help others out and deliver against deadlines;
- Ability to work independently with a hands-on and pragmatic mind set.
- Open and active.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
The role will be based in one of Vattenfall’s offices in locations (Amsterdam, Hamburg Kolding, Stockholm, London). Limited travel will be necessary between our main locations.
Sounds like this could be a match? We welcome your application before 19 December.
For more information about the position and the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact Mark Brandau, Corporate Recruiter, via firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to COVID-19 we adapted our application process to the current conditions. Interviews regarding this position will be conducted via video conference. Do you have any questions about the application process or how we deal with COVID-19? Please visit our FAQ list in advance.
Due to GDPR regulations, we kindly request that you only apply via our website. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Dela detta jobb