Economist - Power Sector
About the company
ÅF is an engineering and design company within the fields of energy, industry and infrastructure. We create sustainable solutions for the next generation through talented people and technology. We are based in Europe and our business and clients are found all over the world.
ÅF Making Future.
About the job
ÅF, a leading international consultant firm (www.afconsult.com) is looking for an Economist to strengthen our Policy, Regulation and Sustainability services department in Madrid.
Who are you?
We are looking for:
- An Economist with at least 2 years of professional experience as a consultant in the power and gas sector covering different areas of expertise, including policy and regulation, market design, energy modelling, corporate finance and econometrics.
- Applicants must possess excellent knowledge in English, both oral and written, and Spanish.
- A third language is desirable (preferably French, Russian or Arabic).
- A great importance will be taken to your personal attributes. You are proficient in your profession, proactive and strive to always deliver high quality output. You are a team player used to work in a multi-cultural environment. You are willing to travel, characterized by strong analytical and communication skills, independency and flexibility.
ÅF is one of Europe’s largest consulting companies, offering engineering and consulting services across energy, industry and infrastructure.
ÅF has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, and employs almost 10,000 persons, of whom more than 2,000 work in 30 offices outside Sweden.
ÅF Madrid has been providing energy consulting services for almost 20 years, with a high-profile reputation in the development of energy markets, regulation and policy, smart grids and renewables. Our skills encompass economics and engineering, with a uniquely large pool of experience covering energy markets in Europe, Africa, Asia, and Central and South America.
If you are interested, please apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CV in English
- Cover letter (explaining more about your attributes and what you bring to the role).