Business Controller to Sanoma Utbildning
Are you a strong Business Controller with a goal-oriented mindset?
Then you have an amazing opportunity to be a key person in a strong publishing company with focus on learning materials. You will be responsible for developing finance processes and tools and you will also be influencing the direction and daily business operations.
- Participation in monthly closing especially by ensuring the correctness of figures by controlling and analyzing results.
- Forecasting and identifying opportunities and risks. You will continuously look forward and help in setting the direction. You will improve and own forecasting models.
- Analyzing and measuring our performance. You will track our results and metrics, analyze deviations and recognize drivers and trends behind numbers.
- Supporting the management team in understanding business via financial transparency.
- Scenario-planning and participation in strategy development.
- Preparation of management reports and comments.
- Budgeting process and long-range planning.
- Driving company -wide development projects (on a higher level beyond the Swedish office) as well as internal process development.
- Estimating updates to the reporting tools.
Your background and personality:
- A Master of Science degree in Economics or Business Administration.
- Over 5 years of experience in demanding business controlling role or in similar positions. You have a strong background in management reporting and experience of working in an international environment.
- An ability to see the big picture but also an interest in details.
- Strong analytical skills. You are able to look at things from different perspectives and seek for alternative approaches.
- A goal-oriented mindset. You are ready to take up challenges and bring those to conclusion.
- A proactive attitude and taking ownership of the tasks in your area.
- An interest in creating new solutions and presenting new ideas.
- An appetite for learning and using those skills in practice.
- An ability to adapt to quickly changing situations, maintaining focus even under pressure.
- Excellent system knowledge (Excel/SAP/SAP BW/HFM). Experience in Tableau, Qlikview and Power BI is seen as an advantage. You are a fast learner and not afraid of technology.
- Great communication and networking skills.
- Excellent written and spoken skills in English and Swedish. If you speak and write Finnish as well, that is a big merit.
In this role you will have an excellent opportunity to work closely with matters affecting business decisions. Your role is essential in influencing the direction and daily business operations. You will be a key person in developing finance processes and tools and managing large projects.
You will report to CFO Nordics and work closely with the finance team in the Nordics. You will daily co-operate with business managers and the management team. The business controller role enables a quick learning path and a chance to continue growing professionally. We offer you a great variation of work tasks and a work atmosphere with high engagement level and much working joy!
We want to create the market´s best learning materials. We´ve all been students. Our textbook writers are teachers and most of our employees are former teachers. So we know what an important job you´re doing. What we do is provide the tools. We start from what we already know works in the classroom and bring it into the future together with new technology. Since digital learning can never recreate the interaction in the physical classroom, we advocate the mix of working both analogue and digital, what we call blended learning.
Sanoma Utbildning started in 1993. Since then, we have worked continuously to produce both physical and digital learning materials in everything from mathematics, language and social studies to history, law and philosophy. We turn to preschool, all the way up to university, college and sfi.
Sanoma Utbildning is part of Sanoma Learning, the leading European learning company, serving over 20 million students in eleven countries. Our learning products and services enable teachers to develop the talents of every child to reach their potential. We offer printed and digital learning materials as well as digital learning and teaching platforms for primary, secondary and vocational education. The development of our methodologies is based on deep teacher and student insight and really understanding their needs. By combining our educational technologies and pedagogical expertise, we create learning products and services with the highest learning impact.
We work 37,75 hours per week and have a high wellness contribution and you are allowed to exercise 1 hour per week on paid working hours among other benefits.
We look forward receiving your application at www.jurek.se in either Swedish or English. For any questions please reach out to the responsible Recruitment Consultant Matilda Thelin email@example.com
Dela detta jobb