We are now on behalf of our client Hector Rail looking to recruit a Business Controller. In the role as Business Controller you will be responsible for following up the business from both a revenue and cost perspective. You will also be involved in driving the budget and forecast process as well as being a financial speaking partner to the line managers. The role is based in the company’s head quarter in Stockholm (Danderyd) and reports to the CFO with a strong dotted line to local general managers.
- Support Hector Rail to deliver growth, productivity and profitability in line with in-year and longer-term plans and strategy
- Provide analysis of underlying performance, with a focus on the Engineering side, supporting the business in identifying ways to optimise the cost of rolling stock (locos and wagons). Includes analysis and identification of improvement areas regarding maintenance cost (level of preventive vs repair, agreement terms with suppliers, and lease vs own for each loco and wagon type)
- Analysis of COGS/WIP/CAPEX development including timely presentation of the result of the analysis
- Cost control in order to optimise cost effectiveness without compromising on quality. Financial oversight of all operational expenses in existing functions (engineering, planning, operations, commercial and support functions such as HR, IT and procurement). With CFO, lead cost optimising programs
- Support / recommend activities and decisions based on the merit of their financial impact to the business – both short & long term
- Capital Expenditure analysis, monitoring and reviewing investment proposals
- Participate in the monthly close process. Ensure and improve accuracy in the numbers through analysis of costs and relevant accruals/provisions in dialogue with the business managers
- Reporting of actuals monthly into Group consolidation tool AARO
- Participate, coordinate, and prepare material to monthly performance reviews within HRAB as well as for reviews with owners EQT or the Board
- Ad hoc projects
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in business control
- Strong financial analytical skills and proven ability to identify issues and recommend solutions
- Strong drive and ability to lead initiatives and projects across functions
- Strong impact, interpersonal and communication skills, with proven capability and potential to make a significant contribution to the business
- A team player, with ability to communicate effectively with all levels
- Fluent English in written and verbal communication
- Advanced Excel user with good working knowledge in ppt and Word
About Hector Rail:
Hector Rail AB is an independent line haul provider for the Scandinavia Rail Transport Market, and Sweden’s largest private rail freight company. Since 2014, Hector Rail AB is part of Hector Rail Group, owned by EQT Infrastructure II. With a strong financial backbone we provide modern rail solutions with the highest quality and performance. By creating efficient solutions we create value for our customers, which can be industrial shippers, forwarders, intermodal operators and traditional railway companies.
Hector Rail AB delivers line-haul traction between facilities / terminals. We have the ambition to be world class in our role as supplier through understanding customer needs, creating cost efficient solutions and focusing on quality in performance
Hector Rail AB offers environmentally friendly transportation of heavy haul goods such as wood, steel, chemicals, ore, stone, mining, coal, mineral oil etc. We offer similar efficient transport of light haul items within e.g. intermodal and automotive traffic, and also have capabilities and experience in delivering traction services for passenger transports. As a complement to our traction services we can also offer other services such as wagons and shunting.
With 295 employees across Sweden, Denmark and Norway, and operating a fleet of >70 line haul and shunting locos, we deliver approximately 7,2 million train km/year.
If you are interested in this role please apply using the “apply button” on our website.
Sökord: ekonomi, stockholm, business controller, controller, analyst