Since 1930, COWI has pushed the boundaries of design through our involvement in major multidisciplinary projects worldwide. COWI employ 6,700 people around the globe, of which approximately 1,200 are employed in Sweden and Lithuania.
COWI offers a dynamic work environment where multi-cultural teams from all over the world strive for the best results. We are offering an opportunity to become an integrated part of our People and Communication team in our Swedish business line and the wider COWI business, working with engaged and competent colleagues covering a complete range of disciplines. We offer personal and professional development in an open and encouraging environment, which are key elements in our organisation, and you will be given the opportunity to influence the strategic direction through creativity and innovation.
This is a wonderful opportunity for an experienced and internationally focused HR leader to join one of the world's leading consulting engineering groups. You will be accountable for leading and supporting an experienced team of HR professionals based in Sweden, supporting the business, setting and implementing strategies to ensure that we meet our 2020 growth plans.
Reporting directly to Senior Vice President People and Communication, you will hold an exciting and challenging position with a clear opportunity to make a difference and support the on-going development of the Swedish business.
- Act as a strategic business partner to the senior Swedish management team, building strong relations and supporting their business aspirations
- Lead the Swedish HR team
- Build relationships with Swedish management team and role model excellent leadership and people management capability
- Implement regional and corporate HR activities
- Cooperate with HR leaders from other countries in the HR board – sharing business understanding, and developing timely, cost-effective and fit for purpose solutions to the business.
- Support local management and the Swedish HR team in people management, incl. recruitment, development and training, appraisals, salary negotiations, knowledge-sharing and handling of personal matters
- Partner with organizational leaders and stakeholders to diagnose the key people-related issues.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Human Resource or Employment/Labor Law Degree
- Significant previous HR operations experience, ideally gained within a civil engineering or allied industry or a large consulting firm
- Ability to manage, support and develop an HR team
- Ability to adjust changing priorities, successfully navigate ambiguity and ability to work with a variety of personalities
- A clear business understanding and a commercial mind-set, and experience in identifying, implementing and driving development processes at all levels
- Strong Swedish and English communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- The ability to execute and create momentum around agreed strategies and actions throughout the organisation to anchor a high-performance culture and approach to assignments and tasks
- Understanding of how to manage and inspire colleagues
- Experience with change management
- Strong communication skills and an appreciative, attentive, motivating and precise management style
- An outgoing and action-oriented personal style with a strong analytical sense
- A holistic approach to HR and management and a documented ability to deliver action and concrete results within your area of expertise
COWI AS A WORKPLACE
We offer an exciting job in a workplace that is independent, challenging and varied in a successful international group. COWI is an international company with a good reputation that focuses on our employees and offers the opportunity to shared ownership.
Location: Gothenburg, Stockholm or Malmo
Applying could not be easier, please click the link and follow the simple steps to upload your CV and application and commence what could be the next and most fulfilling chapter in your career.
If you have questions please contact:
Senior Vice President of People & Communication
Tel. +45 4176 3197